Inspirations

For the only girl who broke my heart

October 7, 2016
To the girl who broke my heart

Truly, you will never really know who will come into your life and change it. Both the happiness and the pain caused by our relationships with people will teach us a lot about people, loving, and living.

In this case, I have learned a lot from someone I have not met personally but I have heard about for years because she has been my husband’s ex-girlfriend and continued to be his friend after their breakup. Never did I expect that she will leave this hole in my heart- a hole where I buried most of my weaknesses and hurts to make way for another beginning. No matter what, I am still thankful for how this girl drastically changed my life and painfully taught me many great things that make me the wiser and stronger person I am today.

Life is sometimes unfair but it is our response that makes the difference. One day, we find ourselves having the best in life, one day we may feel we have none. Life is truly unpredictable and what we need to do is guard ourselves with the wisdom to make decisions guided by the words of God.

Love is more than emotion and physical attraction. It is a decision, devotion, and action. Feelings change and we sometimes feel that we get tired of being in the same situation and being with the same people for a long time. We feel the need for some things more exciting. But the commitment that we have with those we love should lead us back.

Love does not brag. It does not boast neither highlight our ego and insecurities. I regret your urge to showcase your and my son’s father’s affection for each other publicly and even digitally, but I just hope to remind you that loving makes our hearts big, not our heads. It helps us choose to be spiritually mature.

Love does not make us do untoward things, rather it makes us the best that we can be. Love will never allow us to be unrighteous. It chooses not to destroy the ones we love.

So to this girl, I do not envy you. Who am I to ask for more when the Lord provides more than enough?

To this girl, I thank you for teaching me that there is more to life than loving and devoting oneself for one person. Thank you for allowing yourself to be an instrument who taught us what love is and what it is not; how not to live life and how not to do wrong to others.

To this girl, I forgive you, even if you do not ask for it. The best for my son for now is not for our family to stay together but for his environment to be healthy, safe, and happy; that means allowing his father to grow maturely. I hope that you be a good influence towards that state.

As what is said, we should leave to the Lord the justice that needs to be served. So finally, to this girl, I pray for you. And I ask the Lord to be gentle with his wrath. I pray that we all allow God to transform our lives today and forever. Lastly, I pray for you to learn to love my husband truly, purely so that the pain that lingers, despite the wound gone, is made more worthwhile.

Digiprove sealCopyright secured by Digiprove © 2016 Amy Melissa Malaluan

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

• Reply Carmela daugther of lita and angel untalan October 7, 2016 at 11:33 pm

Dont worry my dear cousin God has purpose for each everyone of us.. just bear in mind that “what comes around goes around”.

• Reply Amy October 8, 2016 at 7:15 am

Thank you, cousin. I continue to pray for things to fall into their own places. Let’s wish the best for all. Please take care always.

• Reply joy October 8, 2016 at 11:33 am

very inspiring story. you did not even get mad instead you forgive..I admire you for your strenght and courage. God bless you

• Reply Amy October 8, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Hi, Joy. Thank you. I honestly thank the Lord for not allowing my heart to be hardened. Truly, forgiving also means giving yourself a chance to start anew. God bless you, too.

• Reply Malailani Aniban-Desierto October 8, 2016 at 5:51 pm

Very encouraging..Only the things we seek is only found in Jesus..Him alone can fill us, can satisfy us..Praise God for your life..Cheers to more testimonies you share..

• Reply Amy October 8, 2016 at 7:20 pm

I completely agree. As they say, when you have God, you have everything you will ever need. May God bless us always. Thank you for reading! 🙂

• Reply SDGDG October 8, 2016 at 10:59 pm

I am glad that I am not the only person who chose to forgive the girl that supposedly “broke my heart”. In the process, I realized that it was my husband and not really her, who chose to hurt our family. In the end, I decided to forgive them both and even took my husband back with the promise of new beginnings. I embraced him, yes with all doubts and fears, but with strong faith in the true power of forgiveness, God blessed our family more.

• Reply Amy October 9, 2016 at 10:15 pm

Thank you for your message. I agree with the power of forgiveness- how it can all make us free. No matter what happens, like you, I still believe that with God, everything turns out beautifully. Again, thank you.

• Reply Em October 13, 2016 at 8:30 am

Good read. I feel you and I commend you for choosing to be very forgiving and gentle despite everything. I have been in the same boat and like you I chose to forgive them and still be kind to him. Still so kind that some friends asked me if I am for real, why am I so calm and did not go punish them for what they did. Well it is all by God’s grace that I remain calm, forgiving, and kind. It’s pointless to stay angry and bitter. Like you I leave it to the Lord to give me and my kids justice because I believe He will not let them go unpunished. Stay strong and faithful. God bless you!

• Reply Amy October 15, 2016 at 8:14 am

Hi, Em. I am happy that God allowed our paths to cross, somehow. I also thank the Lord that He does not allow our hearts to be hardened by all the struggles. God is indeed powerful and with Him, we will be victorous. God bless you and your family. Take care.